Buy a contents insurance

Calculate your price in our webshop (in Danish only)

Calculate price

We make automatic decisions regarding your online purchase and make outreach phone calls to guarantee the quality. Læs mere i vores Read more in our Handling of personal data (Links are in Danish)

  1. Private
  2. Insurances
  3. Contents insurance

Safeguard yourself, your belongings and your household with a contents insurance from If.

  • Pest control

    Contents Super for flats covers pest control, e.g. if you get bedbugs or cockroaches.

  • IT equipment on loan from school

    Contents Plus covers damage to loaned iPads, for example.

  • One comprehensive excess

    With very few exceptions, a single comprehensive excess of your choice applies to our contents insurance.

Our contents insurance covers both damage to your own belongings and your liability if members of your household cause damage to others or their belongings.
Do you want to be well covered? Then upgrade your contents insurance to Contents Plus, which also covers short-circuit damage, sudden damage etc.
As the occupant of a house or flat you can even get a special contents insurance customised for you: Contents Super.

Contents insurance Contents Super Contents Plus Contents
Fire, water damage and theft

Covers damage to your property as a result of fire, burglary, basic theft, robbery or open theft, as well as any damage to your clothes as a result of mugging.

The contents insurance also covers damage caused by water, oil, coolant etc. suddenly flowing out (not leaking or dripping) from installations, aquaria or other containers.

Damage to other people, their property and animals

Covers the injuries or damage you accidentally cause to others, their belongings and animals.

Legal aid

May cover legal aid and other costs associated with conducting a case, if you need to settle a disagreement in court.

ID protection

Provides cover in the event of identity theft when someone misuses your personal information.

Weather damage, e.g. storms and cloudbursts

Provides cover if weather damage to the building destroys your property inside your building. The contents insurance also covers the damage if your property floods as a result of a cloudburst.


Provides cover if someone who is not part of your household intentionally destroys your belongings without any reason.

Road traffic accidents

Covers damage to your belongings as a result of road traffic accidents, e.g. collisions, crashes or rollovers. A vehicle - such as a car - must be involved for us to define it as a traffic accident.

Short circuit

Covers damage to your belongings as a result of a short circuit in kitchen appliances etc.

Electronics and white goods - extended cover

Covers malfunctioning domestic electrical appliances, e.g. broken washing machines or televisions.

Refrigerator and freezer damage

Covers damage caused by temporary power outage, e.g. spoiled food in your refrigerator or freezer.

IT equipment loan from school

Covers damage to IT equipment borrowed from school, e.g. iPads and computers.

Other sudden damage

Covers other sudden damage normally covered by your contents insurance, e.g. if you drop your mobile and it breaks.

Super cover

You select the version of Contents Super that best suits you and your home:

Best for cover of your house:

  • Moving
  • DIY building materials for the house
  • Property Support Centre (phone)
  • Large items of motorised gardening equipment


Best for cover of your flat:

  • Moving
  • Pest control in a flat
  • Making a flat accessible for persons with a disability
  • Cover of glass and porcelain in a flat

Read more about the two versions in our terms (da) or read more here:

Covers sudden damage occurring while your family or friends are helping you move. 

Pest control in a flat
Covers pest control in your flat, e.g. if you get bedbugs or mice. 

Making a flat accessible to persons with a disability
Covers expenses for structural changes to your flat to make it accessible to wheelchair users, e.g. if you or someone else in the household has an accident or you have a child with a physical disability. 

Cover of glass and porcelain in a flat
Covers breakage of glass fitted in the building, e.g. windows, fixed mirrors, glass‑ceramic cooking surfaces, sinks, toilet bowls and bathtubs. 

DIY building materials for the house
Covers building materials you have had around for up to 3 months after the delivery date, e.g. a washing machine or carport. 

Property Support Centre (phone)
Covers damage-prevention advice and guidance in the form of phone conversations with the staff at our Property Support Centre. 

Large items of motorised gardening equipment
Increases the basic cover for large items of motorised gardening equipment from 20 hp to 30 hp – incl. third-party cover.

Additional cover

For those who want to be on the safe side


Get up to 15% discount
  1. Private
  2. Insurances
  3. Contents insurance